When you decide to buy a chainsaw you should naturally consider your own needs first. What do you want it for? How often will you use it? Do you work in the forest every day or do you just need it to cut firewood? Because Jonsered has a saw for every type of user – from big powerful saws for full-time professionals, to small easy-to-use casual saws – we can make sure you get exactly the saw you need. Your Jonsered dealer will be glad to give more advice on choosing the right chainsaw for your needs.
Some tips before buying
Whether you choose a Jonsered or some other brand it is worth considering the following.
- Safety is important. Make sure the saw has essential safety features such as kickback protection, chain brake, right hand guard and catcher stud.
- Are both handles adequately protected from vibration? Vibration will quickly cause fatigue.
- Choose a powerful enough saw right from the start. Many people buy an underpowered saw the first time.
- Is the air filter system designed to avoid clogging with sawdust?
- Is the saw easy to maintain? Is there a good user manual?
- Will the saw run on unleaded petrol? Can you use vegetable-based chain oil?
- Can the dealer service your saw? Do they have spare parts and accessories?
- Can the dealer demonstrate the saw? Do they offer useful operating instructions on video and in brochures?
- Can the dealer supply you with the necessary protective equipment?
- Do you want to work indoors and outdoors? If so, buy a good electric saw that is built by professionals.
You know you can rely on Jonsered to deliver on all of these points.