Choosing the right mower largely depends on how big your lawn is, how much work you want to do yourself, and how much you want to leave to the machine when it comes to propulsion, collecting cuttings, etc.
Some tips before buying
Whether you choose a Jonsered or some other brand it is worth considering the following.
- Don't buy a machine that is too small. A powerful machine will do a better job.
- A good collector mower can also be used for collecting autumn leaves or hedge-trimmings from hedges and bushes, and much more.
- If you have a terraced garden with steps then a lightweight mower is recommended.
- A mower with a deck made of ABS plastic will not rust and is more resistant to scratches.
- A mower with a folding handle is easier to transport and store.
- Can your dealer service your mower? Do they stock spare parts and accessories?
- Will the mower run on unleaded petrol?
- Is the mower easy to look after? Is there a good user manual?
- Can the dealer demonstrate the mower? Can they give you useful working instructions?
- Always ask to test drive a mower before you make a decision.