The clearing saw is used to clear forests, bushes and undergrowth. A clearing saw has a shorter shaft for better manoeuvrability in dense stands. The acute angle of the bevel gear facilitates directional felling. A thumb-operated throttle also helps clearing work. Jonsered saws are available in several different designs, each optimised for professional forestry workers or other regular professional use.
Some tips before buying
- Choose a machine with an effective anti-vibration system that allows you to work longer
- Choose a lightweight machine, especially if you work full time
- Your clearing saw should be high powered and have a high torque and rapid acceleration for maximum efficiency
- Your machine should have an ergonomic harness for the best relief, comfort and efficiency
- The handlebar should be angled relative to the shaft, to prevent an uneven load being placed on your back.
- The handlebar can be angled and folded down, for easier transport and storage.
- If you plan to work in cold climates, choose a clearing saw with heated handles