Consider your needs first when you are buying a garden tractor. Here is our 7-tip guide to get the right machine for your working life.
Choosing the right garden tractor depends on how big your lawn is, how much work you want to do yourself, and how much you want to leave to the machine when it comes to driving, collecting cuttings, etc.
7 tips before buying a garden tractor
1. Don’t buy a tractor that is too small. A powerful machine will do a better job.
2. A good collector tractor can also be used for collecting autumn leaves or trimmings from hedges and shrubs, and much more.
3. Can your dealer service the tractor? Do they have spare parts and accessories?
4. Is the tractor easy to look after? Is there a good user manual?
5. Can the dealer demonstrate the tractor? Can they give you useful working instructions?
6. Always ask to test-drive a tractor before you make the decision.
7. Will the tractor run on unleaded petrol?